主題工具
samsung
Master Member

加入日期: Dec 2000
您的住址: Cambridge Law School
文章: 1,780
A7N266 即將上市

200美金???,粉貴

BY THE TIME YOU READ this I will be being presented to Her Majesty the British Queen, she who knighted Lou Gerstner Sir Lou Gerstner.
But before I started my long journey to Londinium, I could not resist writing about a piece in Italian magazine PC Professionale about an Asus A7N266.

We hadn't thought from talking to Asus that the A7N266 board could arrive so soon, but there's a review of the bambino in the Italian magazine's September issue.

This is not an early sample, and there's even prices - with the board market at €234.57, around $200 or so. So the boards will be in shops soon - but probably in Akihabara Japan first, as usual.

This Nvidia-Asus combo doesn't seem that expensive for a board with Geforce 2 MX 400, Dolby digital 5.1 surround, 100 Mbit LAN inside Just plug some Athlon or Duron and DDR and you are ready to rock'n'rolla.

According to PC Professionale, the board is based on the Nforce 420 that we used to call Crush 12, using the GeForce 2 MX 400 as its integrated graphic processor, and having AGP 4X, five PCI ports, one CNR and an active cooler on the North Bridge. For networking, the board uses Realtek RTL 8100 10/100 Mbit interface.

The board also will use Sound Max 2.0, we think.

I almost forgot – there were some benchmarks here with the machine having 256MB of memory and a 1.4 Athlon C. Content creation Winstone 2001 - 69.1 - is one of the results and there are plenty more in the magazine.

AMD’s Hypertransport is used to connect IGP and MCP – the "media communication processor" which is just a fancy marketing name for the South Bridge. It provides 800 MB/s between two bridges and stays there proud as proof of cooperation and the special relations between Chimpzilla and Graphzilla.

As Nvidia has told us – When you see Nforce you are looking at a similar thing to the Xbox [Nvidia chipset]. I just hope that the Xbox graphics will be better than MX400. µ

舊 2001-09-03, 06:01 AM #1
回應時引用此文章
samsung離線中  
屋頂上的黑貓

屋頂上的黑貓的大頭照

加入日期: Aug 2001
您的住址: 黑心領域
文章: 1,157
6600台幣...
有點貴...
不知道台灣還要過多就才會上市..

舊 2001-09-03, 06:23 PM #2
回應時引用此文章
屋頂上的黑貓離線中  
Adol Christin

Adol Christin的大頭照

加入日期: Aug 2000
您的住址: 嘉義縣
文章: 1,128
依照這樣的規格
再與先前公佈的規格對照
坦白說以這樣的規格與nVidia宣稱的效能而言並不算貴
以其北橋所內建的GeForce2 MX400而言
nVidia宣稱是以近乎AGP8X的頻寬運作
想必效能應可凌駕於市售AGP介面之同等級顯示卡!
再者其南橋內建之Dolby digital 5.1環繞音效
想必也能有不錯的表現!
若是可以達到nVidia所宣稱的效能
那麼這樣的組合肯定是多金玩家的首選!
試想現市售的同等級主機板再加上GeForce2 MX400與杜比音效跟Lan
這樣要花上多少錢呢?

至於上市時間
弟斗膽推測應為9月底10月初將會配合Athlon XP同步推出(理想狀態)
最遲也會在Intel下一波降價行動之前推出(10月26日)
以確保AMD的市佔率!
(據小道消息指出:OPGA封裝規格的Athlon XP早就ready了, 就為了等nForce晶片組能同步推出造勢...)
另外, 日本眾家系統廠商亦將力推nForce規格於Booksize PC上!
相信屆時又將引爆一場激烈的AI大戰......