瀏覽單個文章
strong
Elite Member

strong的大頭照

加入日期: May 2001
您的住址: Andrew Blake 的攝影棚
文章: 9,201
上禮拜, 無意之中發現另一部搖滾紀錄片 "Woodstock" ...

就是鼎鼎有名的嬉皮族反越戰和平演唱會, 30多年前連續3天3夜的搖滾接力演唱會, 據說吸引30多萬的觀眾, 人山人海, 影片說現場被當地政府列為災區, 這是60, 70年代搖滾團體的盛會 ~~

本片DVD是導演cut版, 230分鐘左右, R級 (因為有不少的吸毒和裸露畫面), 有中英文字幕, 16:9, DD5.1, 好像是華納/得利發行的!!

本片以NT$350-購入, 相當划算 ....
Woodstock - 3 Days of Peace & Music (The Director's Cut) (1970)

To timber,

恭喜!! 能以低價買到規格還不錯的DVD, 你大概是搖滾樂喜好者 ....

PS, Amazon 網友評鑑

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Days of Mud and Multitudes, September 22, 2001
Reviewer: mkp51 (see more about me) from Boothbay, ME United States
What an experience watch "Woodstock: The Director's Cut!" For the entire 3 hours, 45 minutes of this movie, I was completely transfixed by this spectacular Academy Award winning (Best Documentary, 1970) film, with its (then) ground-breaking multiple image, amorphous widescreen formats. I found myself swept back to 1969, the summer of my 18th year, wistfully longing to be there with the rest of those 500,000-plus "hippies", listening to the music, partying, being part of that special three-day weekend... As this fully restored DVD version of Wadleigh's masterpiece shows, it was indeed a special event! This film documents the efforts of a group of musicians, entrepreneurs, and financial backers, who worked for over nine months to bring to fruition the history-making rock 'n roll music festival that took upstate New York by storm on August 15-17, 1969.

With a sure eye for the finest detail, Wadleigh captures hundreds, perhaps thousands, of everyday little incidents, both positive and negative, that made up this special musical event.

Using the multi-image format I mentioned earlier, and widescreen formats of varying aspect ratios (the only way this film can be seen without sacrificing substantial portions of it to television's confining 1.33:1 aspect ratio), Wadleigh presents his viewers with powerfully eloquent vignettes:

The twenty-mile long traffic jams and the interminably long lines of pedestrians hiking to the site of the concert... The reaction of Bethel's local residents, a few outwardly irate, some mildly irritated, but the vast majority very receptive to the half-million strong horde of "hippies" descending upon them... The "scenes from a disaster area:" just how do you provide the basic necessities of sanitation, medical care, and food for a large city camped in a hay field? And what happens when those services are suddenly and arbitrarily stopped?... The countless numbers of people openly passing around joints and pipes and bongs, all getting mightily "wasted," while the bands played on... The sudden downpour and almost instantaneous submersion of the multitudes in thick, gooey mud, while the bands tried to play on... and many, many more...

And through it all, the heart of the film: the music, always the music. Pure rock and roll as it was meant to be... hard edged, lyrical, harmonious, boisterous, folksy, raucous, raunchy, promoting peace and goodwill, almost religious in its fervor...

...Richie Havens passionately strumming his battle-scarred acoustic guitar, all the while soulfully belting out his song "Freedom..." Joan Baez' gentle "organizing" ballad "Joe Hill..." The Who kicking up their heels: "See me, feel me, touch me, heal me," the opening lyrics of "We're Not Gonna Take It Any More," from the rock opera "Tommy..." A perspiration soaked, gravelly voiced, youthful Joe Cocker putting every ounce of his body and soul into his incredible "With a Little Help from My Friends..." Jimi Hendrix' incredible, spectacular, pyrotechnical rendition of "The Star Spangled Banner" and "Purple Haze..." and many, many more...

I have two complaints about "Woodstock: The Director's Cut." First: the sound quality leaves a lot to be desired. Throughout the film, there seemed to be a lot of background hiss and crackling. This was probably caused by the equipment Wadleigh used while making the film; however, modern technology still should have been able to eliminate most background noise. My second complaint: The varying aspect ratios (anywhere from 2.35:1 to 1.78:1) make viewing the movie on a standard television a bit difficult. Some images seem very small even on a 32-inch TV! Still, widescreen is the best format to use when viewing this film.

It matters not whether you're sixteen or sixty; whether you've never been to a rock concert in your life, or you're a grizzled old concertgoer like me; "Woodstock: The Director's Cut" is a film not to be missed!

舊 2002-03-06, 04:57 PM #8
strong離線中